Saturday, January 1, 2011

Drugstore Creme Eyeshadow Palettes Review

So the only ones I have are Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights (quad) and Maybelline Eye Studio Color Gleam Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Revolution. Similar shades so I'm just gonna compare the two as well.

 Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights
Swatch with flash
Swatch without flash
Palette with flash
Palette without flash
 ★★★

Pro's: Really good pigment, 2 colors come off exactly how they are in the palette (1st and last color). The packaging is pretty neat. Black, thin and sleek with a mirror. Loved the shades and the nice smooth creamy texture.
Con's: Particularly on my eyes, the colors are virtually undetectable. Like there's absolutely NOTHING there but shimmer that makes my lids look greasy. The 2nd and third colors in the palette are off tone. I had expected a SLIGHT gold shimmer for the pink shade, but ended up with gold with a hint of pink on my lids. The lightest one (second) ended up being a shimmery white. I could possibly be using them wrong, but you absolutely cannot put multiple coats of them due to their extreme creasing and I don't even know HOW they clumped together. Also, they colors would NOT even hold on to my brush so I had to use my fingers.

I would not repurchase.

 Maybelline Eye Studio Color Gleam Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Revolution
Swatch with flash
Swatch without flash
Palette with flash
Palette without flash
 ★★★

Pro's: Pretty good color pay off with this one as well when swatched. Better color pay off on my lids than Revlon and loved the shades. Smooth creamy texture with this one, too.
Con's: Much similar to the Revlon one, the pink and the lightest shade were off than how they appeared in the palette and didn't show a whole lot on my lids. Same problem with creasing and building only increased its notice-ability a little but left me with clumps on my eyes. It does not hold onto my brushes and I had to use my fingers with this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Gilded★Crush